This is a Factory New Overstock item purchased from Cerwin Vega, it is factory boxed.
- New in factory box Audax 8 inch Woofer, great when used in single units for automotive applications, or combine in series for home use.
- Audax has long been know as one of the premiere speaker manufacturers in the world, European Quality at U.S. bargain prices is what we offer.
- This speaker has a very rigid cone which I believe is fiber glass or some simular composite material, coupled to a stiff rubber surround and heavy steel frame.
- The magnet structure is large and heavy for a speaker this size, the speaker weight is 5 and 1/2 pounds, the bulk of that is in the magnet structure which makes for efficient performance.
The truth about how they sound...
- Ohm rating is 4 ohms
- Power is 100 watts in a cabinet
- SPL is 89db 1000 Hz. at 1 watt at one meter
- Fs is 63 Hz
- Re is 3.00 ohms DC
- Qms = 9.39
- Qes = 0.60
- Qts = 0.57
- L1 = 0.67 mH
- L2 = 1.00 mH
- Vas (Sd) = 11.33 liters
- Cms = 157 uM/Newton
- Bl = 8.98 Tesla-M
- Freq. Response 30 Hz. to 3,500 Hz.
- Just so you know a little bit about me, I have a hard time selling something I would not use myself, so I test each and every product before I list it. In doing so this it gives me a realistic idea of the quality of the product, if its good, I rave about it, if not, then you'll get and honest assessment of the product anyway...
- I had great expectations on these Audax drivers, their quality was flawless, the construction perfect, given my taste in sound, I was blown away by the sound.
- Surprised is more like it, I was surprised at the bass output from a 8" driver, it pumps out crisp, tight bass, and doesn't sound muddy at all. In a 2 way system the midrange response was good too (crossing over at 2,700 Hz.) I found that I could hear the pluck of each guitar string and coupled with a small horn tweeter its over all performance was excellent.
So don't be fooled, know right off that the strongest point of these speakers is their bass response, the design and material used is geared to produce very strong and clean low end response, and it does!!
- As tested, I used a pair of sealed cabinets that were 1.3 cf. in volume, setup in a 2 way configuration crossing over at 2700 Hz. to a Cerwin Vega tweeter. They were test using a Sony receiver pumping out 100 watts RMS with .01% dist. no special test equipment was used other than my ear, so the out come is subjective to my taste which is pretty middle of the road.
- What I like, clean crisp sound, not to bright, a very warm sound suits me best. I do not like a speaker that sounds like it is a megaphone so you will never see that recommended by me.
- Bottom line, this is an excellent speaker, made by a very high quality European company, designed to reproduce exceptional bass response and good mid range output. If that is what you are after then you will not go wrong with these speakers.
- Applications: 8" 2 way or 3 way system, dual 8" woofer systems, car audio component system, 8" sub-woofer.