Polk Audio Book Shelf or Tower Kit
Components to build two speakers
This is a super kit, consisting of top quality components. Each was selected to give you a fantastic sound. It is a upgraded version of our Polk Kit, we swapped out the crossover for one that is much better.
You will get the components to build One Dual Woofer Center Speaker, as follows.
Components in the Kit
Over All Specifications to expect
- (4) 5 1/4" Polk Audio Woofers (4 ohm) Shielded
- (2) 1" Silk Dome Tweeter (8 ohm) Shielded
- (2) Two Way Crossover 12db
- (2) Terminal Cup
- Power 20 to 150 Watts RMS Per Channel at 8 ohms
- Impedance 8 ohms
- Frequency response 40 Hz. to 20 kHz.
- Efficiency 90 dB at 1 watt at 1 meter
- 5.25" Polly Cone Shielded Woofer
- Impedance 4 ohms (you wire in series to get you 8 ohm load)
- Weight 3 pounds each
- Revc - 3.4679 ohms
- Fs - 56 Hz.
- Zmax - 68 ohms
- Qes - 0.4969
- Qms - 9.2893
- Qts - 4717
- Le - 0.3484 mH (at 1 kHz.)
- Vas - 0.3586 Cu. Ft.
- BL - 0.1401 N/A
- Sensitivity - 90 dB
- Frequency response 40 Hz. to 7 kHz.
2 Way Crossover Specification
- 1" Silk Dome Soft Tweeter
- 8 ohms
- Power 45 watts (80 watts max.)
- Ferro Cooled Voice Coil
- Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet
- Sensitivity - 91 dB
- Frequency response 1.4 kHz. to 20 kHz.
- Weight .5 pounds each
Misc. Information ( remember, speaker components only, no cabinet )
- 12 db slope
- Good from 1 watt to 500 Watt RMS
- Crossover point is at 3500 Hz.
- Our Mavin superior performing T-201
- Made from high quality electronic components
- Cabinet requirements are pretty basic. Keep it about .5 cf. to .75 cf. and you should be fine, ported is what we prefer.
- Wiring, the crossover to the speakers is very straight forward, you will be putting the woofers in series. Solder leads to your crossover, make them long enough to connect easily to the speakers. Allow for working through the speaker holes in the cabinet.
- Take the lead from the woofer positive on the crossover, to the positive terminal of woofer number 1. Next you will need a piece of insulated wire to run from the negative terminal of woofer number 1, to the positive terminal of woofer number 2. Finally the negative wire from the woofer connection on the crossover, attaches to the negative terminal on woofer number 2.
- Connecting the tweeter is easier, you use the tweeter leads you soldered to the crossover for this. The positive lead goes to the positive terminal on the tweeter, and the negative lead from the crossover goes to the negative terminal on the tweeter.
- This is a upgraded version of the kit with a much nicer crossover.
- For best response use a tweeter TWW design (vertical layout), see picture below.
Tower / Book Shelf Layout
Click on an image to enlarge