Looking to build a nice tight sounding speaker, many in the audio world prefer a dual 8" woofer over a single 12" woofer. The answer is that the Dual 8" woofer system will product the same bass as the single 12" driver and do it better with a much tighter sounding bass. This is because the 8" woofer recovers much faster than the 12" driver. In other words after the big bass note has hit, while the 12" driver is returning to the starting position, the 8" driver is already there waiting and ready to product the next sound. This gives you a much cleaner sound due to minimal sound overlap.
- This kit is great for Home use, and is perfect of any Dual Woofer 150 watt speaker project, each component is designed to the highest home theater standards.
- The kit can also be adapted for Mobile use, can't fit a big 12" driver how about a couple of eights down low..... Great for a woofer array to create a sound that surounds your ears.
- With a Sound Pressure Level of 90 dB, this is a very healthy setup, resulting in a higher volume output with lower wattage
- Clean sound not muddy or muted
- Buy one (1) and you get the components to product one speaker
- 1 1/2" or 37.5mm voice coil
- 4 ohms
- SPL 91db at 1 watt at 1 meter
- Response 38Hz to 6KHz.
- Magnet type standard Ferrite
- 100 watts free air power rating
- 8.5" round mounting flange
- 7" mounting hole
- 3 3/4" mounting depth
- 3/16" screw holes, 7 7/8" center to center on the diagonal
- 1" Dome Tweeter
- 8 Ohms
- 60 watts
- Response 2.25 kHz to 20 kHz
- SPL 90 db at 1 watt at one meter
- Shipping weight is 10 pound
- Condition is new unused bulk factory packaged (NOS)
- You wire the woofer pair in series to get the common 8 ohms for Home Applications
- For Mobile applications, you can wire in parallel to get a 2 ohm load.
- Just a little info about the maker of the components JSD Sound, they have been around for over 20 years making a little known high quality product.
Both custom one off creations and from their standard catalog they make audiophile quality systems.
Fit, finish and performance all above the standard mass produced items...